Wednesday, May 10, 2017

#1 IVF 4th Scan

  Today I got my final ultrasound of my ovaries for my upcoming IVF procedure. I lost count of the follicles he was counting but I believe they are all still there. I was scared of them somehow disappearing. They are big though! The smallest was a 17mm and the largest was a 25mm. This worries me because I still have a couple days until my retrieval and they could continue to grow.

 I asked him if there was a such thing as too big and he told me "uhhh not really. We like to see them between 18mm-20mm." but personally I've heard stories of eggs not fertilizing because they were too mature. He told me that everything looks good so I'm just going to take his word for it.

The plan is to trigger ovulation tonight at 10:45 PM and my egg retrieval is scheduled for Friday at 9:45 AM. I am looking forward to it! I'm in so much pain from all the activity in my ovaries... I will update after we gather our eggs and let you know how many they were able to get!




No comments:

Post a Comment