Monday, November 14, 2016

Quick glance at my history and what we are doing now

New to the group! I am 28 years old and dx with PCOS. I was also dx with diabetes at 21. I am married and have a beautiful 11 year old step daughter. My husband is 31 and we want more then anything to conceive just one child of our own. At 27 almost a year ago I was dx with pre cancer in my uterus. It was found via D&C to remove uterine polyps. My sample was sent to 3 pathologists who all agreed I was late stage  Complex hyperplaisia with atypia aka Pre cancer (due to no periods with PCOS). My wonderful doctor Dr. Baum OBGYN referred me to a oncologist to continue close monitoring. After treatment with my oncologist I had my 3rd D&C and the cancer cells were gone. That was about 6 months ago. I go back every 3 months. At my last appointment my oncologists didn't believe I had any concerns at this time and gave me the OK to start fertility treatments. After getting the OK from my diabetes doc we finally started this month! I am Cycle day 14 and have a follicle scan this afternoon. My husband and I agreed to go straight to injectable medication Gonal F. After 3 tries we will move to IVF.  That is if cancer cells stay away! With my pre cancer history my oncologist wants me to get a hysterecomy as soon as we can so I will be beyond blessed to have one child of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment